Wednesday 2 October 2013

Day 2: Closer to my dreams.


Get a certain or favorite lyric/s from your favorite song, and tell us how it inspires or describes you. 


G O A P E L E - C L O S E R

"Some times it feels like I'll never go pass here
Some times it feels like I'm stuck forever and ever

But, I'm going higher
Closer to my dreams
I'm goin' higher and higher
I can almost reach

Some times you just have to let it go 
Leaving all my fears to burn down
Push them all away so I can move on
Closer to my dreams"


This song gives me life. Up until this very day I still get goosebumps every time it blares through my speakers. It's always been one of my favourites but I'm currently going through a rough time at the moment and the lyrics inspire me to remain focused and positive. Wherever I'm down in the dumps I just close my eyes, listen to the lyrics and I let myself go, I just feel so free. "Some times it feels like I'll never go pass here, Some times it feels like I'm stuck forever and ever" - I constantly feel like there's so many boundaries that are stopping me from moving forward in life, in a way I feel trapped. But what I like to tell myself is that no storm lasts forever, better days are coming. Everybody in life goes through a struggle to get where they want to be, but we have to remain positive. This is my empowerment song and really do hope and pray that one day I will get closer to my dreams.

Have a listen here
 :-)




xoxo

1 comment :

  1. Nostalgic song! And the lyrics remind me of my high school graduation! Oh memories.

    No storm lasts forever, better days are coming. Very true! There are no boundaries Leah! As long as youre not stepping on anybody, nothing should stop you from reaching you dreams :)

    ReplyDelete