Thursday 10 October 2013

Oh October you've been so good to me...

We're only 10 days in to October and it's just been so crazy hectic! I feel like I've been neglecting my beloved blog but I've just been so caught up over the last few days. October has been so good to me so far and I hope it stays that way. As you can see from my previous post, I managed to blag tickets to Cosmo's Fashion Masterclass which turned out o be absolutely amazing. Plus, I have some great news....I am now an entertainment and health writer for Birthday Magazine..WOOHOO! It's a new diverse teen publication to be launched in December and I'm ecstatic to be a part of the team. They've only got a website for now so check it out by just clicking the logo

My life is finally back on track and after having 2 long months off work I'll finally be going back next week. I've missed it so much but I'm not sure how I'm gonna manage being surrounded by so many clothes. I'm in desperate need of a new wardrobe but I've kind of put myself on a little shopping ban for a wee while because I'm spending way too much at the moment..tut tut! At the beginning of the year I told myself that I must shop in more charity shops, which I have been doing but not enough! I popped into the St Francis Hospice charity shop in Romford the other day and picked up a gorgeous vintage blouse for just £2.50. I picked up so many blouses I actually went overboard! I'm so indecisive but a lovely lady managed to help me whittle it down to just one. Plus, I came across the most beautiful vintage tan suede fur coat. I literally fell in love and it was only a fiver....but it was a size 16. I tried it on hoping it wouldn't look too big but unfortunately it was ridiculously massive! 

I've bought soooo many new clothes recently and I really should do a haul but I literally don't know where to start. So for now, here's a few boots/accessories I've recently purchased


From top to bottom: (1) H&M French Manicure - £4.99 // (2) Gold chunky hoops, eBay - £3.99 // (3) Asos leaf earrings - £6 // (4) Topshop b&w cross earrings - £2.50 // (5) Primark bronze necklace - £1 // (6) Topshop spike ring - £2.50 // (7) Primark gold necklace - £4 // (8) Asos rose gold collar necklace - £5 // (9) Chunky lion head necklace, eBay - £6.99

My favourite buy has got to be the gorgeous leaf earrings from ASOS...they went down in the sale from £15 to £6! What a bloody bargain!

But anywho, I've also bought a few new boots to add to my shoe collection. I've been after the chunky black boots from H&M for months now so was over the moon when I found out they were back in stock. I've tried to hunt them down in almost every single H&M store I could find but I've had no luck...plus I'm not too keen on shopping on their website! So my next option was the cut out boots from New Look, I tired my local store with no luck but managed to find them in Brent Cross..hooray! There was just one size 6 left, it was as if it was there waiting me me. It was meant to be! They were quite big but I couldn't afford to leave them because I loved them so much. Ha!



As you should know by now I'm an avid lover of eBay, I'm a bargain hunter, a penny pincher! I spend hours and hours on eBay hunting for the perfect buy and one day I came across these gorgeous boots. I just had to make sure nobody would outbid me and luckily I am now the proud owner of these vintage brown pixie boots.


eBay - £8-something

Lastly, I bought these pair of River Island boots a few months. I remember some time last year they went on sale and I wanted them so badly, I popped back in the next day to find out they were gone and I couldn't find them anywhere else (just my luck!) So you could imagine how happy I was when I found out they were back on the shelves this year. Luckily I have a family friend who works in River Island, so I managed to get these boots for just £20!



Seeing as I've got 5 more days before I become a working girl again, I've decided to spend my time focusing on blogging and writing. So I've made myself a to-do list\;

- Catch up on The October Daily: Blogging Challenge
- Write a few entertainment articles for Birthday Magazine
- Think of a few ideas for a health article for Birthday Magazine
- Make a few alterations to my CV 

xoxo





4 comments :

  1. I love the jewellery and the boots!

    bigcityblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cut out ankle boots!
    Wish I bought them now :( boo

    http://www.iwantfashion.co.uk
    UK High Street Fashion
    Get the latest on high street trends, collections, EXCLUSIVE discount codes and more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Upon seeing the post with the word birthday, I automatically thought it was your birthday! Lol! Congratulations on the new job Leah! :D Wish you all the best! <3

    xo, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being an entertainment and health writer for Birthday Magazine. Also I love the necklaces you bought :).

    ReplyDelete