Friday 11 October 2013

One to Watch: Lizbet Sempa


L I Z B E T  S E M P A

So the other day I received a notification on Twitter saying I have a new follower, it was a young lady by the name of Elizabeth 'Lizbet' Sempa. There I was reading her bio (being the nosey parker that I am) and I discovered that she was a singer/songwriter. Now we all know I'm always on the lookout for new artists so I rummaged through her tweets and stumbled across a link to her Soundcloud and I instantly fell in love with her vocals.

The South-East Londoner has such an incredible mature sounding singing voice that you think she'd have had years of experience. Funnily enough, she's only 18 years old! How can someone so young sound so old? Absolutely unbelievable! With influences drawn from Erykah Badu and Nina Simone, I guess that explains it all! Lizbet Sempa sings with such grace that her enchanting voice will leave you captivated. She reminds me of a young Laura Mvula (not that Laura is old but you get my drift!) 

Her debut EP, Indirect Thoughts, is scheduled for release later this year and I can not wait to hear more from this talented young lady. 

Check out her acoustic version of "Mistakes", a heartfelt song with meaningful lyrics which portray vulnerability,.




M O R E  I N F O:



xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment